Culinary Circle Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream

A few months ago I tried Culinary Circle brand ice cream for the first time. I had the flavor Caramel Brownie Escape flavor, which was surprisingly amazing for the price point.  On Saturday, Kyle and I went salsa dancing, and on the way home decided we needed to stop at the grocery store to pick up some mad snacks.  Snacks on snacks on snacks.  Of course, my go to snack is ice cream, so I headed straight for the freezer section.

Culinary Circle was on sale 2 for $6, so that made the decision of which ice cream to buy easy peasy. Kyle and I each picked one flavor.  My pick was Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream, and that's the flavor we cracked open first.



This didn't have a description, but it was a chocolate base with peanut butter cups and a peanut butter swirl.

The chocolate base was not the greatest chocolate ice cream, but it wasn't terrible. It could have had a more intense chocolate flavor. I liked it more in the Caramel Brownie Escape flavor. Interestingly, it tasted almost salted.  Maybe it was the peanut butter seeping into the base.


The peanut butter cups were about the size of the first joint of my thumb.  They were hard and crunchy and kind of blended in with the flavor of the base.  I couldn't really taste the peanut butter in them too much.

Yummy peanut butter chunk!
The saving grace of this ice cream was the peanut butter swirl. It was salty, but not too salty, so it stood out from the sweet base. These showed up throughout the pint as short, broad, thin chunks.  They started out quite hard, but as you ate them, they melted into a melted-peanut butter consistency.  Because duh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd