Ben and Jerry's Brewed to Matter

A while back Ben & Jerry's took away one of my favorite flavors, Berry Voluntary, a Target exclusive. I was super disappointed, but I am thrilled they are replacing it with the new Brewed to Matter. I'll make this review quick, since Madeline already reviewed it and my opinions on it don't differ too wildly from hers.



First, the description, Coffee ice cream with fudge chunks and a brownie batter swirl

I'm going to jump straight in with the most interesting part of this ice cream. My sister noted there was a slight nuttiness in this flavor and she wasn't sure where it came from. This was one of the first elements I noticed. Looking at the ingredients list the only place I can think it may have come from is the coconut oil, but I'm not convinced. Madeline said she liked the nuttiness in this flavor, but I didn't. If had been a bit subtler I would have liked it because it would have added a bit of complexity to the coffee base. In reality, I thought it was distracting.



The fudge chunks were great and huge. In order to compete with odd nuttiness I thought these fudge chunks could have been like the espresso fudge chunks in Coffee, Coffee, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz.

You can kind of see the brownie batter swirl in the lower right. 


Last, the brownie batter swirl was a bit disappointing. It definitely tasted like brownie batter and even infused the whole pint, but the texture was lackluster. I wanted it to be gooey and thick. It was too think to contribute any real variation to the texture.



Tone down the nuttiness and amp up the brownie batter swirl and this would be a perfect flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd