Haagen-Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Gelato

This is the last pint in my Haagen-Dazs coupon fiasco. Similar to the last time I purchased a salted caramel frozen dairy dessert, I was at a store with a limited selection of the brand I wanted, so I bought salted caramel even though salted caramel is sooooo 2012. Soooo over it.



Except, I'm not over it. Now the ice cream world is starting to move on to other things, and the salted caramel trend is starting to fade a little bit. The flavors surviving the death of this fad are the good salted caramel flavors, and this Haagen-Dazs gelato is no exception. I devoured two thirds of this pint in one sitting after a run in some sweltering weather. I'll tell myself that was okay because the salt replaced the sodium I lost in my sweat, right?



One aspect of this flavor I enjoy, that also sets it apart from its counter parts is it features no other flavor besides salted caramel. No dark chocolate, no nothing. It is only sea salt caramel gelato with with a sea salt caramel swirl.



The base is a mild caramel with mild saltiness. The swirl is an amped up stronger caramel and much saltier version of the base in taste. The texture of the base, as it is gelato, not ice cream, is softer, fluffier, and smoother than their ice cream.



In volume, the swirl isn't the thickest I have ever seen, but there is enough of it to provide a noticeably different texture when compared to the base gelato. The texture of the swirl was thick and ooey gooey. Haagen-Dazs did not skimp on the swirl; no lame liquidy caramel here.



There isn't a ton to say about this flavor because it is a pretty simple product. Haagen Dazs did not mess around. If you are asking for salted caramel gelato with nothing unnecessary, look no further than Haagen Dazs gelato.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd