Haagen-Dazs Coffee

This is the first of my Haagen Dazs review of the ice creams resulting from my coupon blunder. The Gerbe's in Eldon is small, as I have mentioned many times, and their Haagen Dazs selection is limited. I've about reviewed every Haagen Dazs they carry, at this point. Except, of course, their coffee ice cream. I've reviewed a lot of coffee ice creams recently, but more coffee never hurt anyone. Except, possibly, me last night. After eating coffee ice cream right before bed, I struggled falling asleep and had frightening dreams about a strange man following me.



Whatever, this is the life that I have chosen, and it was totally worth it.



To fly in the face of tradition, I am going to jump right in with the ingredients. Whatever your stance is on stabilizers and the like, we all know you can pay a pretty penny to get ice cream claiming, "none of this!" and "none of that!" However, those are usually speciality brands and it seems our main market players have ingredient lists so long they barely fit on the pint. Well move over expensive specialty brands, Haagen Dazs is here! And not even with their line of Five ice creams (yes they are ice creams with only 5 ingredients). Haagen Dazs's standard Coffee ice cream boasts only 5 ingredients!! There is nothing more and nothing less I could want in a coffee ice cream. 



This flavor falls into the group of coffee ice creams that tastes simply like coffee with milk and sugar, as opposed to tasting like a latte, or cappuccino, or espresso, or something else. To make a comparison to an ice cream I've reviewed recently, if Three Twins Milk Coffee ice cream is a dark roast coffee, this Haagen Dazs, is more of a blonde or medium roast. 



Compared to Haagen Dazs's chocolate ice cream, the texture of this one is a bit softer and even a bit icier. Seeing as Haagen Dazs usually makes an extremely hard ice cream, this softer texture was a nice change. As for the iciness, I have noticed coffee ice creams sometimes have an icier texture than other flavors made by the same brand. This is possibly my imagination, or possibly something about adding coffee to ice cream? I could see if you are using liquid coffee it might change the freezing temperature of the ice cream leading to an icier texture. Who knows. Probably actually a lot of people, but not me! I only eat it and review it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd