Clementine's Gooey Butter Cake

The quest to find the best Gooey Butter Cake ice cream in St. Louis continues. As you know from my first post about Clementine's ice cream, gooey butter cake is one of the few ingredients that they do not make on their own from scratch for their ice cream, because Park Avenue Coffee has the best gooey butter cake in the world. Clementine's is smart. Don't fix what isn't broken. And I wasn't kidding with that best in the world bit. They won the Food Network's Gooey Butter Cake Food Feud and according to Iron Chef Michael Symon this is the best gooey butter cake in America. And since no one does junk food quite like America, I am going to take a guess that the best cake+extra butter in America is also the best in the world. One last fact about Park Avenue Coffee's gooey butter cake before I start the review, they sell 76 flavors of gooey butter cake! Which is unreal. Now I want to try them all, but I'm moving out of Missouri soon. So sad. And I think if I tried a slice of every single flavor before I left Missouri I would die of a blocked artery. I would rather not die. Although a gooey buttery death would be quite the way to go.



Okay the ice cream. The base was amazing. It was buttery, sweet, cream cheesy, but not over powering, as I think is an easy trap to fall into with gooey butter cake ice cream. This tasted exactly like gooey butter cake, but a mellower version which I think is PERFECTION if you want gooey butter cake ice cream. Like this base was so good it didn't need mix ins. The texture was so creamy and soft and amazing. You can tell with this flavor Clementine's has such a low overrun.



Now for the mix ins. They obviously did not disappoint. The pieces of gooey butter cake were huge. Most were the size of my spoon. They were sooo moist and delicious. They held their integrity as gooey butter cake in the ice cream really well; they did not get soggy. I think the best part about the gooey butter cake pieces were the crusty bits. The brown, burntish (but obviously not burnt, you know what I'm talking about), cakey edges are the best part in my opinion. But the whole cake was tasty. And with these chunks you actually can go buy them sans ice cream if you would like. Which I will probably go do soon.



The quest for the best gooey butter cake ice cream in St. Louis is over. Clementine's has done it. Gooey buttery cakey perfection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd