Ben and Jerry's Milk and Cookies

I feel like it's been a loooooong while since I've reviewed a normal, non-core, non-limited edition, non-store exclusive Ben and Jerry's flavor, so to remedy that I have a review of Milk and Cookies.

This flavor is

Vanilla ice cream with a chocolate cookie swirl, chocolate chip & chocolate chocolate chip cookies.


This ice cream is basically your standard cookies and cream, but on steroids.  Of course Ben & Jerry's couldn't just stop at cookies and cream, but added in a ton of mix-ins.


The chocolate swirl doesn't really stay together as one piece.  Rather, small pieces of the swirl break off and are scattered throughout the pint.  This, together with the vanilla base gives off a high-quality cookie and cream vibe.  Also, I think the chocolate cookie swirl in this flavor is the grandfather of the AH-MAZING chocolate cookie butter int the new Boom Chocolatta Cookie Core flavor.  If you've had that, this swirl is similar.  There's not quite as much of it though, which makes sense as its a swirl not a core.  Sometimes I got big, thick chunks of swirl and sometimes there were littler pieces.

I ate this ice cream instead of taking pictures of it.  Sue me.

In addition to the cookie swirl, there are pieces of chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chocolate chip cookies.  The chocolate chocolate chip cookies blended in with the chocolate cookie swirl, but this wasn't a huge deal, because the chocolate chip cookies were there to bump up the mix-in factor.  I liked that these were cookie mix-ins, not cookie dough mix-ins.  In texture they were somewhere between squishy cookie dough and super crunchy chocolate chip cookies.  Maybe like super crunchy chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk for a split second. Also, they tasted like buttery, homemade chocolate chip cookies, not some oily store-bought nonsense.

This flavor was introduced in 2012, and I hope it sticks around for a long time.  I could see myself going back to this flavor ever now and then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd