Ben and Jerry's Brewed to Matter

HOLD THE PHONE. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. This is a new flavor from Ben and Jerry's that speaks to my soul.  It's like they reached into the very depths of my being and extracted this flavor.  Brewed to Matter is a Target Exclusive flavor described as

Coffee ice cream with fudge chunks and a brownie batter swirl.



Staaahhhhhhpppp! True story, I caught mono from my roommate because we were eating brownie batter out of a bowl. Worth it. I mean why even bake the damn things at all, just eat the batter.


Ok. I will try to stop hyperventilating for long enough to actually review this flavor.  I haven't actually had Ben and Jerry's plain coffee flavor, so I can't compare the coffee base of Brewed to Matter to their 'standard' coffee base.  That aside, it was pretty dang tasty.  It had the flavor of strong, dark coffee mellowed out by the addition of heavy cream and sugar.  There was also a ..... slight nuttiness .... there. I looked at the ingredient list and couldn't figure out where this came from.  Maybe from the coffee itself? Wherever the nuttiness came from it was a superb addition to the flavor. It rounded it out and gave it more depth.


Now for the fudge chunks.  Oh, the fudge chunks. In typical Ben and Jerry's chunk-tastic fashion, these could be more accurately described as fudge slabs.  These suckers were huge. Maybe 3/4 of an inch long 1/2 an inch wide and very thick.  They were also super crunchy.  I think the archaeological excavation method is the best way to attack this ice cream.


Finally, the brownie batter swirl. Unfortunately, this part of the ice cream was a bit disappointing for me.  It was really really good and tasted exactly like brownie batter, but it wasn't thick enough or prevalent enough for my liking.  Overall though, a superb flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd