Talenti Target Exclusive Coconut Chocolate Chip

So impromptu dance parties are a thing. Lame. (Ok not really, but wait for what is coming!) Know what's not lame? Impromptu ice cream parties. Yeah, I made that happen yesterday. I needed to go to the post office in the afternoon, but apparently the it is closed from 2-2:45pm for lunch. Which I guess makes sense so people on their normal lunch break at noon can stop by. But whatever.  I got to the post office at 2:10 so I needed to kill some time. I needed to buy a new notebook, so I headed to the Target about a block away.

I'm not super familiar with the layout of this particular Target, and didn't know where the school supplies were, so I just wandered.  WHAT DO YOU KNOW I ENDED UP BY THE ICE CREAM HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN I HAVE NO IDEA DON'T BLAME ME BLAME TARGET. Something amazing caught my eye. A Talenti Target exclusive flavor that sounded amazing and that I hadn't seen before.  I think of these flavors as 'ghost flavors.' They're not listed on the main Talenti (or Ben and Jerry's or etc...) website so there is no flavor description and you have no idea that you need to include them in your extensive ice cream spreadsheet that keeps track of which flavors you have and have not tried which is definitely not something I have and spend inordinate amounts of time maintaining.

What was this flavor? Coconut chocolate chip! Before I knew it, I had a pint of gelato in my backpack and 30 minutes until the post office opened.  I didn't want the gelato to melt so I just headed back to school.  Since I was at Target literally the day before, and bought 3 pints of ice cream as well as a quart of Edy's frozen custard, I decided to share this ice cream with friends instead of taking it home.  Accordingly I grabbed some cups and spoons and spread the ice cream love to the office down the hall.

I don't have too many pictures because I wasn't originally planning to
blog about this flavor, but it was just too good not to!

I was super excited to try this ice cream.  I absolutely love everything about Talenti's chocolate chips, and this flavor was no different.  They were small and abundant and crunchy but not hard.  That is actually a really important distinction.  Hard chocolate chips are no fun to eat.  In fact, they are fear inducing.  I'm always afraid I'm going to chomp down and break a tooth or something.  They are also distracting, forcing you to break your ice cream eating flow to gnaw a piece of chocolate into submission.  In contrast, Talenti's chocolate chips are crunchy, but light and crunchy. They enhance the ice cream eating experience rather than interrupting it.  Also, they're delicious.

Hi Ben!

I haven't had Talenti's Caribbean Coconut flavor before, so I didn't know what to expect from the base.  After trying this flavor, I'll definitely have to pick up Caribbean Coconut. As usual, this base was awesome.  It tasted strongly like coconut, and there were big coconut flakes. The texture of the coconut flakes played really well with the texture of the chocolate chips. I could also really taste the cream in this base. This was interesting because it's not something I experience with Talenti too often, but it was great.  The cream added nice depth to really round out this flavor.

If you're a coconut lover and you see this flavor at Target I would highly recommend picking it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd