Edy's Mint Cookies 'n' Cream Frozen Custard

I picked up another flavor of the relatively new Edy's Frozen Custard line, Mint Cookies 'n' Cream. This is described as

Our mint frozen custard is blended with crumbles of chocolate cookies for a thick and creamy crunch you'll love.



This line has been really hit or miss for me.  The Chocolate Malt was just terrible, but the Peanut Butter Pie was quite delicious. Since I haven't consistently enjoyed it and it only comes in the relatively large quart size, I probably wouldn't have picked any up if I didn't have a coupon for $1.50 off.  I'm glad I had this coupon because this was another decent offering in the line.

I have two classifications for mint flavors: warm and cool.  Of course I can't think of a great example of a 'warm' mint flavor off the top of my head, but Thin Mint cookies exemplify the 'cool' mint category.  If you drink a glass of really cold water after eating something that falls into the 'cool' mint category the water feels even colder than it actually is.  This flavor was definitely a 'cool' mint flavor.

While this wasn't 'real mint' flavored, it was only the next rung down in my mental mint-flavoring heirarchy. It didn't taste super fake or alcoholic like mint extract, and instead was very enjoyable.



As with the other Edy's Frozen Custard flavors, this frozen custard was incredibly thick and chewy.  I almost wish it was a bit less thick because I totally mangled the cardboard container trying to scoop some out.  Also, it is thick but melts down into a liquidy, so there is no happy medium as it starts to melt down.  It doesn't soften up, it just melts, meaning you just have to fight your way through the thickness.

The cookies were spongy (in a good way).  They could have benefitted from being a bit crunchier to contrast with the frozen custard texture. Also, they could have had a sliiiiiiiightly more intense chocolate flavor to play better with the strong mint flavor of the base.  Overall, they gave me a Thin Mint vibe, which is definitely not a bad thing.



This was a solid offering from the Edy's Frozen Custard line.  Maybe the absolutely dreadful Chocolate Malt was just a fluke.  This has convinced me that it's worth my while to hunt down and try the rest of the flavors.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd