Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream

I bought this pint a while back because I needed a chocolate base for a sundae idea I had. I used this ice cream, peanuts, The Peanut Butter Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, and hot fudge in my sundae and it was quite delicious.

Now of course to review this flavor. Reviewing this flavor has been a learning experience. What did I learn? It is hard to review plain base flavors. Maybe my palette isn't that sophisticated yet. I'm working on it.



This ice cream tasted like chocolate. I feel really pathetic but I don't know if I can say much more about the flavor other than that! The little description on the side of the pint that Haagen Dazs always includes that says things about what "notes" are in the ice cream said there were supposed to be "smokey" notes. Nope. Did not taste that. Tasted chocolate. It wasn't too dark, which is good since dark chocolate wasn't what they were going for. I also can say that I didn't like the flavor of this ice cream as much as I liked the Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate gelato I had a ways back, though I can't totally put my finger on why. Maybe the Talenti was a bit milkier? It is hard to say without eating them side by side.



Although I can't say much about the flavor, I will take this opportunity to talk about Haagen-Dazs's texture. Haagen-Dazs makes hard ice cream. It is also very smooth. I feel like there are a lot of softer, fluffier ice creams on the market right now. Sometimes because that is what they are going for, and other times because they are using milk as opposed to cream or adding a lot of air to cut costs and calories. Haagen-Dazs does not do that. If you want really good ice cream that will make your arm hurt from scooping it, get Haagen-Dazs.


Next time I review a plain base flavor ice cream I am definitely going to get two versions and do a side by side.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd