New-to-me brand alert! 7-Select Go! Yum Double Cookie Dough

So all the cool kid ice cream bloggers on Insta have been talking about the 7-11 ice cream brand as of late, especially the s'mores flavor. And the last few days I was traveling, my Airbnb host told me to help myself to the ice cream in the freezer. Now, when you visit friends (or stay with strangers) and they tell you, "Oh help yourself to anything in the kitchen" they don't really mean it. Like, they think they do, but usually they don't actually want you to eat all of the ice cream in their freezer and all of their peanut butter. But I was happy to have super awesome Airbnb hosts who actually meant it when they invited me to help myself. And with a pint of 7-11 in the freezer and specific instructions to eat the ice cream, I was like, "Mmmm yes."



The flavor they had in their freezer was Double Cookie Dough, so lets see if this flavor is as tasty as everyone seems to think the 7-11 s'mores flavor is. 

This flavor is described as Vanilla Bean ice cream with brown sugar and chocolate cookie dough both teeming with chocolate flavored chips.



Well. Strike one against 7-11 is the "chocolate flavored chips" aka not real chocolate. But a cookie dough flavor with two different kinds of cookie dough? I'm interested. To start, the base was pretty solidly tasty. It had a decent vanilla flavor a bit better than bargain ice cream brands, but nothing out of this world. However, it was slightly mis-advertised: they used vanilla extract and vanilla bean. But the base was still good. The base texture was similar to the flavor, slightly better than a bargain brand, but nothing high end.



I'm also interpreting brown sugar cookie dough to just mean regular cookie dough. There were more brown sugar cookie dough chunks than chocolate. The brown sugar cookie dough chunks good. I got hints of brown sugar and butter flavor, and very moist. They were a bit smaller than a dime and there were lots of them, between 1-3 in every bite. The chocolate cookie dough chunks were also AMAZING. They were so moist and so fudgey with a rich chocolate flavor. There were about half as many chocolate cookie dough pieces as brown sugar. That was my one complaint. I think the chocolate pieces were better, so I wanted an equal amount of them.



The one piece of information I wish I could share with you all is price. If this pint was on the cheaper side, this would be an incredible pint. If it were pricey, it would just be so-so. But I'm a cookie dough lover, so this is definitely going to get šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones (I would even give it 3 if 7-11 had super bargain prices on these pints).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd