Timp Freeze Peach Shake

There are a few ice cream offerings in Midway, UT and the first I tried was Timp Freeze.  Timp Freeze is your typical small town summer burger and shake/ice cream place with a window for ordering and outdoor seating.

I didn't know if I would have a chance to try Timp Freeze for a second time (I really hope I do!) so I asked a couple of the workers for their opinion about the single best dessert offering.  They suggested I either try a peach shake or a grasshopper shake, and I wasn't really feeling anything minty, so I went with the peach shake.

I was expecting a typical peach shake, with either real peach or peach syrup blended into ice cream.  This was something totally and completely different.  I would actually liken this more to the soft-serve version of a concrete than a milkshake.


The shake was simple: vanilla soft serve with pieces of real (fresh not frozen) peach mixed in, and it was amazingly good.  Normally when people list of the qualities of a ripe peach, sweetness comes in close to the top of the list, so you might think the combination of super sweet soft serve and a super sweet peach would be totally overwhelming, and you would be wrong.

The soft serve froze the peaches just enough to give them a slight crunch without taking away any of their juiciness.  Because the soft serve was so sweet is subsumed the sweetness of the peaches and allowed other aspects of the peach flavor to come out.  In comparison, the peaches tasted quite tart and the peach flavor was concentrated.

If you ever find yourself in or around Midway, I highly recommend Timp Freeze, and I hope I make it back for a second time.  The don't have a huge ice cream menu, but it contains some interesting twists on soft serve classics that I can't wait to try.

I give the peach shake 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones!

Gratuitious Utah sunset pic from my walk home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd