Dairy Queen July Blizzard of the Month: M&Ms Peanut Butter Monster Cookie

Look at me go, I'm going to keep my Blizzard of the Month streak alive with only one day left in July.  I spent the first three weeks of July in Utah, and while I did have access to a DQ, I spent most of my time indulging in local brands and scoop shops. Now that I'm back in Minnesota, I have time to go to DQ so I stopped in on my first day back at the office.

The July Blizzard is M&Ms Peanut Butter Monster Cookie, described as

The M&Ms Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Blizzard Treat is filled with a monstrous combination of peanut butter cookies, M&Ms, choco-chunks, peanut butter topping, and world-famous vanilla soft serve.



Apparently Monster Cookies are a thing that I totally missed out on until about a year ago.

From the description, this Blizzard should have been awesome, but I found it pretty 'meh.' It just felt like a bunch of different stuff thrown into soft-serve, and the elements didn't really complement each other or go together in any way.


The peanut butter topping didn't really stand on it's own, but did lend a nice taste of peanut butter to the vanilla base. The M&Ms were the most common mix-ins at a frequency of approximately on per bite. I often pass on M&Ms as a soft serve mix-ins, but this Blizzard reminded me how much I love the combination of sweet vanilla soft serve and the hard candy shell of M&Ms.  It's the perfect taste and texture combination.

The choco-chunks were too big and interrupted the flow of the Blizzard. Every time I got one, that was the only thing I could taste in that bite. I think smaller chocolate pieces would have worked really well.

I'll give this month's special Blizzard 🍦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd