Andy's Frozen Custard Triple Chocolate Concrete

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, St. Louis is the frozen custard capital of the world. Get at me Wisconsin. 

The last evening I was in St. Louis, my parents and I decided to go out for dinner. We decided to go to Ranoush in Kirkwood because we're unoriginal and we always go to Ranoush and Ranoush is tasty. However, the Ranoush in Kirkwood CLOSED!! We were sad, but granted it could have been closed for a long time. We Fentonites don't make our way over to Kirkwood too often because we know all the Kirkwoodians are looking down their noses at us. 



Anyways, we decided instead to go to Crushed Red. And because I had a healthy salad for dinner obviously that needed to be counteracted. So we stopped at the Andy's in Kirkwood before heading home. I decided on the Triple Chocolate Concrete because CHOCOLATE.

Also can I just say that Andy's is actually the OG of the core trend? Their Jackhammers are basically make your own core sundaes, and they've had them on their menu forever.


This treat is described as Chocolate frozen custard blended with chocolate chip cookie dough and melted chocolate chip.

Yes this is a size small!


The first thing I have to say about this treat was it was sweet. Very very sweet. One more gram of sugar and it would have been too sweet. The base was a milky, sweet chocolate. However, it had a very rich and dense chocolate flavor, at the same time. I was quite impressed with the chocolate frozen custard. I also didn't know what to think about melted chocolate chips when I ordered this treat, but I was pleasantly surprised. They weren't actually very warm, because the custard cooled them right down. But they were still soft and a bit gooey. There was lots of the chocolate throughout the treat, and it was a bit darker and more bitter than the base, which was nice. Lastly, the chocolate chips cookie dough pieces were what I think made this treat very very sweet. They were some of the sweetest cookie dough pieces I've had. They weren't super moist, but I didn't really think that was a problem. I got one at least every other bite, sometimes more. There was also so much going on with this treat you didn't need a ton of cookie dough pieces.



All in all, this treat was surprisingly good, but a tad too sweet. 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd