New-to-me brand alert! Phin & Phebes Vanilla Malt Cookie Dough

Dear Lizzy, You are killing it recently with all the new brands you're trying. Sincerely, Lizzy.



No but really, I have totally enjoyed expanding my ice cream horizons, first with Gelato Fiasco, then the 7-Eleven brand, and now Phin & Phebes. Phin & Phebes is a Brooklyn based company that started in 2010 and has hit it big in the last 6 years. You can now buy their ice cream in most Wal-Marts, Whole Foods, Lucky's, and many other stores. But of course this brand isn't sold anywhere in Iowa City. :( Luckily the last few days I was hanging out in St. Louis before driving back to the good old, and at times ice cream barren, Iowa City, my mom picked some Phin & Phebes up for me at Wally World.



Now P&P, as I will now call them, has a pretty small flavor line up. Only 12 flavors that are mostly classics, or sophisticated twists on classics, like Toasted Green Tea, Cookie Butter Blondie, Vietnamese Iced Coffee, and the Vanilla Malt Cookie Dough that I tried.



This flavor is described as Vanilla malt ice cream with chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough.



As I recently explained, I absolutely love cookie dough. So I was excited to see how P&P did with their interpretation of this flavor. In my first bite, I only got base and WOW MALT. Holy cow the malt flavor is strong in this one!! The vanilla wasn't super fancy vanilla bean or anything, but that's not really what I am looking for in a vanilla malt. Like actually, this base was perfect. I don't think, even at old school malt shops, have I had anything this strongly malt flavored!



Now, if this flavor were base only, I would hands down give it 4/4 cones. Unfortunately this is Vanilla Malt Cookie Dough. But there were not a ton of cookie dough chunks. The ones I found were delicious, not too moist, but not too dry, but I wanted more. I had a couple of bites with 2 or 3 chunks, but lots and lots of bites with 0 chunks.

However, malt and cookie dough should be together forever, so this flavor still gets šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd