Talenti Fudge Brownie

Sometimes all you need is chocolate gelato and fudge brownie to make the world a better place.  On Tuesday, two days before leaving for Utah, I found myself at Target trying to pick out the one last ice cream I would eat before leaving.  In other words, I found myself having a crisis.  I never buy a single pint of ice cream at a time.  I knew I would be coming back home eventually, and I knew that I could buy ice cream in Utah, but somehow the task of picking one single flavor was completely overwhelming.  I finally laid eyes on Talenti Fudge Brownie and realized that if you are in crisis, chocolate ice cream is always the answer.

Talenti's stellar flavor destcription author describes Fudge Brownie as

Brownies.  There are real, gooey, perfect brownies blended into our extra-dark-chocolate gelato.  Also, we added a swirl of rich, dark fudge because we're really into swirls of fudge right now.



I, sadly, had forgotten how much I enjoy Talenti's chocolate base.  It's just perfect.  It's dark and rich without being bitter and dry.  I think too often dark chocolate is associated with less added sugar, which is sometimes what you want, but sometimes you want a dark chocolate that's just as sweet as any milk chocolate out there, and this is what Talenti so expertly delivers.  The chocolate base was also very complex; I thought I was picking up on some spicy hints and some even stronger fruity/berry hints.  If I could only pick one ice cream base to eat for the rest of my life, it might be Talenti's chocolate base.

A bit of fudge swirl there!
For me, Greyston Bakery brownies are the gold standard of mix-in brownies.  How did the Talenti brownies compare? They were almost, but not quite as good as Greyston brownies.  In taste and fudginess they were lacking nothing, but their texture left just a little bit to be desired.  Greyston brownies are thick, dense bricks of fudge that somehow still manage to be soft and not overwhelming, and the Talenti brownies were just not quite as dense.  I also had a few brownies that were ever so slightly dry.


Despite the slightly-not-up-to-par brownies, I need a good fudge brownie ice cream for my nuclear fallout shelter and I think this is the one.   I'm giving this 🍦🍦🍦🍦/4 stars. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd