Timpfreeze Pineapple Soft-Serve with Toasted Coconut Dip Cone

On my second trip to Timpfreeze, I decided to try a dip cone.  They have vanilla and pineapple soft serve and tons of different dip options.  The ones I remember are chocolate, cherry, butterscotch, and toasted coconut.  There were definitely more options, and they have more listed on their website, but I don't think the website menu is 100% accurate.

If someone offers me butterscotch I'm literally incapable of refusing, so I originally ordered a vanilla with butterscotch dip cone.  Unfortunately the butterscotch dip had come out slightly burnt, so I instead went with pineapple and toasted coconut. So summery!

They put a little plastic figure in each soft serve cone.
So cute! I got a mermaid but I also saw someone with a brontosaur.

Individually, the toasted coconut shell and the pineapple soft serve were great, but it didn't turn out to be a great combo.  The toasted coconut shell was amazing and would get 🍦🍦🍦🍦/4 cones on its own.  I love toasted coconut because the toasting process takes away the tiny hint of sunscreen that un-toasted coconut has.  It was just the perfect, delicate toasted coconut flavor.  Also the shell was hard enough to keep the ice cream contained, but didn't splinter into a million pieces, which can make eating a dip cone very stressful.


The pineapple soft serve reminded me more of pineapple juice than the pineapple fruit itself.  It had more of a concentrated sweetness and less tartness than an actual pineapple.  The flavor was bright and vibrant and actually overwhelmed the toasted coconut a bit.

As for the combo, I think a normal coconut shell would have worked better than the toasted coconut shell.  The toasted coconut was more of a 'warm' flavor where the pineapple soft serve had more bite, and this flavor combination doesn't often work, as was the case here.

I'm giving this concoction 🍦.5/4 starts; however, this is in no way the fault of Timpfreeze.  Each element was good, but my combo choice was so-so.  A different combo would have scored much higher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd