Ben & Jerry's Wal-Mart Exclusive Pecan Sticky Buns

Dearest Readers, you have probably gotten the sense by now that I am often late to the party with ice cream happenings. However, it is not always totally my fault. While I love Iowa and Heyn's is great, Iowa City is a bit of an ice cream desert in terms of grocery store flavors. When Pecan Sticky Buns first came out, I spent a lot of time gazing longingly at my Instagram feed and reading everyone else's opinions of the flavor. I drove to the Iowa City Super Wal-Mart frequently and checked to see if they had the flavor. But time and time again, I found they did not. Then, alas, only a few days before I was leaving for summer research, I found the flavor! I bought it, and it has been waiting patiently for me in my freezer for my return. So now, finally, here is a review!



This flavor is described as Buttery Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Pecans, Sticky Bun Dough & a Cream Cheese Frosting Swirl.

Holy moly! This flavor was A LOT. Like Ben & Jerry's took a dessert made out of cream and made it taste like butter. I definitely got both brown sugar and butter flavor in the base. It was incredibly rich and sweet to the point that I found it overwhelming! Now, the cream cheese frosting swirl has not been too popular among other ice cream bloggers. People complained about not being able to find it/see it. And I definitely agree; there was no swirl that was really a different color or texture than the base. But I did get some bites that had a bit of cheesy flavor, and others that did not. The cheesy flavor wasn't super strong in contrast with the buttery base, but it did add that extra umph of rich flavor. Which again, was a little much for me. But most cream cheese, cheesecake, and similar flavors overwhelm me a bit.



Now the mix ins were my favorite part of this flavor. The sticky bun dough was definitely sticky and very moist. They were grainy and buttery and there were lots of them. The pecans were also amazing. They were coated with a bit of sugar, but they still retained their unique nutty flavor. I was kind of surprised the pecan pieces were whole pecans and that they also retained their texture!



While I think a lot of people at least liked this flavor, honestly it was too rich for me. If rich cream cheesiness and butteriness is your thing, this is your flavor. But for me it was only šŸ¦ šŸ¦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd