FoMu Take Two!

No you are not experiencing deja vu! But yes I did post about FoMu quite recently. I stopped at the Cambridge FoMu pop up shop a few weeks ago when passing through Boston to my second research location of the summer. Luckily, I passed through Boston again on my way home! The pop up shop is also located next door to a super tasty vegetarian fast/casual restaurant with a couple locations in Boston. I obviously was stopping their for dinner, and decided to grab some FoMu for the walk back!



The first flavor that caught my eye was called Magic Bar. It is described as Coconut ice cream, shaved coconut, dark chocolate pieces, pecans, crumbled oats. I was pretty excited by the prospect of basically a coconut squared flavor, so decided to try the Magic Bar. I decided to mix it up a bit with my second flavor and get something fruity, since I hadn't tried a fruity offering from FoMu yet. I went with Almond Raspberry Crumble described as Raspberry ice cream, crunch almond granola.



My anticipation level for these flavors was pretty high, as I really enjoyed my first experience with FoMu. I also love Ben & Jerry's scoop shop only coconut seven layer bar, and I expected Magic Bar to be similar. How did Magic Bar hold up? Quite well! Coconut was definitely the prominent element here. The unadulterated coconut milk base provided a nice, yet subtle, coconut base for the mix-ins to stand out. There was tons of shaved coconut, which made coconut the star of the show here. The dark chocolate pieces were small, but thick and high quality. The were hard, but smooth and had a very dark flavor, which provided a nice contrast to the coconut. There weren't a ton of pecans and oats, but they did add awesome texture to this mix-in heavy flavor. While I am glad coconut took center stage here, I still wanted a bit more of the chocolate, pecans, and oats. Especially the chocolate, because it was sooo good. But if you love coconut seven layer bars, you've gotta try this flavor! 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones!



Now how about the raspberry? Well first, the base rocked. It was a super intense raspberry flavor. So tart it was almost sour! Definitely not a raspberry for the faint of heart. You could tell that a coconut milk base doesn't mellow out the tart fruitiness quite in the same way a dairy base does, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. But while the base was awesome, the granola left a little to be desired. There just wasn't a lot of it, and there weren't a lot of almonds in the almond granola. I think a stronger almond flavor could have nicely balanced out the raspberry. I also wanted the granola to be a crunchier. It wasn't soggy, but it still wasn't crunchy either. With an awesome base and okay mix-ins, this flavor gets 🍦🍦.5/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd