New-to-me brand alert! Gelato Fiasco Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Gelato

Wowzers. Madeline and I have been traveling all over the place having such fantastic ice cream adventures! Right now I am currently in my second field site, a location in New England. I have been wanting to try Gelato Fiasco FOREVER after On Second Scoop reviewed a bunch of their flavors, including Sriracha Peanut. When I heard an ice cream company was making a Sriracha Peanut flavor, I KNEW I needed to try this brand.



However, I have never lived in an area that sells Gelato Fiasco, or so I thought. While writing this post, I looked at Gelato Fiasco's distribution map, and while they aren't sold anywhere in St. Louis or anywhere in the entire state of Minnesota, they actually do sell in a store in Cedar Rapids! I will definitely be going there soon when I get back to Iowa!



But in the mean time, I picked up a pint of Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk (too bad the grocery store by where I am staying didn't have the Sriracha Peanut). This flavor is described as Roasted almonds are even more delicious when punctuated with chocolate. We melt chocolate chips into cold gelato for bursts of cocoa sweetness amid smooth and creamy almond butter. 



Now it's time for another of Lizzy's weird food confessions. Which weren't a thing until now, but now they're a thing. Confession is, almond butter is too much for me to handle sometimes! I like it, but I just can't do it in large quantities. The flavor is too intense and it is too thick and I just get overwhelmed. So I was really excited to see what happens when you do almond butter gelato style!

Upon first bite, I was hit with a WALL of almond butter flavor. It was delicious and I loved it, but I panicked a bit and thought I might get overwhelmed after just a few more bites. The gelato tasted just as intense as plain almond butter; it even tasted like it stuck to the roof of your mouth. Which makes no sense, but I have no other way to describe it. However, just before I was about to get overwhelmed, the almond flavor subsided and the flavor of high quality sweet cream came out and mellowed things out. Eating this flavor (I finished the pint in three servings) was a strange experience. Every time, the first few bites were SO intense, and every time it mellowed out by the fourth or fifth bite. What gelato magic is this?



Now the chocolate chunks were also a bit magic. At first, they were mostly small little pieces scattered frequently throughout the pint. And yes, you could tell they do their chocolate chunks Graeter's style, where they literally mix melted chocolate into the gelato as they make it, giving all the chunks irregular shapes and sizes. Then all of a sudden, my spoon hit a wall. No I wasn't slowing down on my eating, I literally hit a GINORMOUS chocolate chunk. It honestly took me about ten scoops of excavating to get it out of the pint. And there were about three more chunks throughout the pint almost that big. The chocolate chunks were also very dark, but still creamy and smooth.

Look at the size of this chocolate chunk!!


Overall, intense almond butter flavor plus intense, on many levels, dark chocolate chunks leads me to give this flavor šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones. Maybe I've been feeling a bit generous with four cones ratings as of late, but I really do feel like I need a couple of pints of this in my fall out shelter freezer. Because obviously my fall out shelter freezer is going to be really big.

Side pic because isn't this gelato so pretty?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd