Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Dearest readers, I'm here today to right a grievous wrong.  A heinous sin of omission. Chocolate Fudge Brownie is such a classic Ben and Jerry's flavor that I always assumed I've reviewed it on the blog.  Lizzy has a review here, but I have never reviewed this flavor!  I'm sorry!

This is the perfect example of a simple yet well-executed ice cream.  The simple description is

Chocolate ice cream with fudge brownies.



That's it.  That's all there is too it, folks.  I generally have some quibbles with Ben and Jerry's chocolate base, but the addition of the fudge brownies adds a richness to the base that is usually lacking.


As usual, when Greyston Bakery brownies make their way into a flavor, they wind up the star of that flavor.  The fudge brownies were perfectly fudgy and chewy and dense.  You can't really go wrong with these brownies, and throwing them into chocolate ice cream just amplifies their flavor.

This flavor was introduced by Ben and Jerry's in 1986 (it's older than me!), and there's a reason it's stuck around this long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd