Yotopia: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Peppermint

So far, late fall in Iowa City has meant temperatures in the mid 30s to low 50s. Even thought I know I am terribly, terribly wrong, I'm currently pretending winter in Iowa City will resemble late fall. With this current delusion of mine, I am fully embracing winter and getting on board the peppermint frozen dairy train.

My class on Tuesdays gets out at 6:20, but the next bus I can catch doesn't come until 7. I'm a terribly stereotypically midwesterner, and if I don't get dinner by 5:30 at the latest, I'm a famished wreck. This past week, I did not pack enough snacks, so after my Tuesday class I was starving. As opposed to hangrily doing work in my office for 40 minutes, I decided to go to Yotopia. Best life decisions involve frozen dairy.



Although my fruit concoctions at Yotopia have been fabulous, it is far past time I make a desserty concoction, so seasonal peppermint it is! I decided to pair the peppermint with classics chocolate and vanilla. I topped my creation off with crumbled Oreo, Andes Mints, snow caps (also known as nonpareils), and handful of yogurt covered pretzels and a gummy army man for good, gummy measure!

Did a bit of topping excavation to reveal the froyo. Chocolate, obviously on the bottom right, peppermint on the bottom left, and vanilla on the top.

Yotopia has done it again. They did not wimp out on their peppermint flavor! This froyo was strong!! I loved it. It was almost sinus clearing-ly strong. I would also venture to say the vanilla was the best vanilla froyo I've ever had. Any frozen dairy dessert lover will tell you most companies and shops use vanilla as an excuse to not try hard to make a quality flavor since it is considered a back drop to other flavors. But when done well, vanilla is great, as this Yotopia froyo was. It tasted like actual vanilla and wasn't overly sweet. The chocolate was also great; again a strongly flavored froyo. It was like someone took a magic wand and poof! turned a Hershey's bar into froyo.

Nom

My $6.70 froyo creation (I told you I was hungry) was pure minty, chocolatey, vanilla bliss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd