Culver's Double Marshmallow Oreo Concrete

Alright frozen custard fans, finally a review of Culver's is coming your way! Culver's is a frozen custard staple, because unfortunately we don't all live in St. Louis and eat Ted Drewes all the time. Like me. I don't live in St. Louis. :(

I'd been craving some custard/a concrete for a few days now. After taking my friend, Charlie, furniture shopping, I was driving by Culver's and saw the flavor of the day was Double Marshmallow Oreo. Mmmm, sounded more than tasty enough for me to stop in.

One of my favorite aspects of Culver's is the flavor of the day. I'm incredibly indecisive, and especially indecisive about food, especially ice cream. Like I have a weekly existential crisis in the ice cream section of the grocery store. So when a store can make a decision for me, with a flavor of the day, I feel secure; like I have direction and purpose.

So I'm pretty sure sometimes flavors of the day feature flavors, mix-ins, swirls, or combinations you can't normally get. I'm not totally sure, but I think this flavor of the day might be one you can't get everyday.

Absolute beauty.


This flavor of the day is described as Our delicious Chocolate Fresh Frozen Custard loaded with Oreo cookie pieces and marshmallow creme. 

I got the small size.


Not often do you get served desserts looking so fabulous they could be feature on the company website, but this time, I did. My concrete was oozing with marshmallow creme and there were tons of giant Oreo chunks. As I started eating, most of the swirl and mix-ins were on the outside of the cup, which is what made this concrete look so nice; there were fewer goodies in the middle. However, there was still an abundance of both the swirl and the cookies; anymore would have been overkill. The marshmallow creme was thick and gooey and delicious. The chocolate custard was pretty sweet. It was also smooth and soft and creamy. Custard you will get at a Ted Drewes or another local shop might be a bit creamier, but this was still quite awesome. My one minor complaint is the Oreo cookies were kind of dry, possibly from being not well mixed in? I prefer chocolate cookies to be moist from the surrounding ice cream.



This flavor is definitely worth a spontaneous ice cream stop if you are ever out and about and see it featured!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd