Great Value Coffe Ice Cream

In addition to the Blackberry Crumble ice cream my mom picked up, she also got Coffee ice cream from the plain old Wal-Mart brand, Great Value. Sam's Choice must be Wal-Mart's gourmet/luxury/something brand, and in fact, the Blackberry Crumble was good! So my expectations for this ice cream were not as high.



Lo and behold, my expectations were right were they should have been, low. This coffee ice cream barely tasted like coffee. I looked at the ingredients and did not seen anything resembling coffee in the list. I did see some "natural flavors" and ingredients like carob bean gum and corn syrup. I also saw some stabilizers I hadn't heard of, like triacetin. Ewww. I felt like I could taste all the gums and stabilizers.



The texture, surprisingly was not too bad. It was not great, but it was only a little gummy. It was also airy and soft.



Well, I don't have much more to say. Bad reviews are often short reviews. If you're at Wal-Mart looking for cheap ice cream, I do not recommend the Great Value brand. Buy Sam's Choice instead.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd