Heyn's: Peppermint Candy and S'mores

Wow the peppermint overload continues. Recently I've reviewed a lot of peppermint treats, from Yotopia, Thelma's Treats, Ben & Jerry's, and now from Heyn's. I might not have even called it an overload before, but now the peppermint train has left the station and I'm the conductor.

This past weekend I ate at Heyn's with my roommate, Aileen, and her boyfriend. The next day I left Iowa and I will be gone for 4 whole weeks, which means 4 weeks with NO Heyn's. Sad day.



I picked the Peppermint Candy because it is a seasonal flavor and S'mores because I noticed the mini marshmallows in the flavor and they looked delicious.



I was also super excited about this peppermint flavor because it is more along the lines of old fashioned peppermint ice cream. The other peppermint treats I've tried have had a strong peppermint flavor like what you would find in a York Peppermint Patty. This peppermint flavor was more like, well, exactly what the name of the flavor would imply. Those old school red and green peppermint candies. So a much mellower and sweeter peppermint flavor. Add in bunches of sticky, sweet chunks of the candies, themselves, and this flavor was a winner.



The s'mores was good, but not my favorite Heyn's flavor. It was a chocolate base with mini marshmallows and graham crackers. The mini marshmallows were moist and partially dissolved, like when you've had them in hot cocoa for a little bit. The graham cracker chunks were big, but either the graham cracker chunks or mini marshmallows could have been more frequent. All in all this was quite a good flavor, but not my favorite from Heyn's and not my favorite s'more flavor in the world either. However, I would say this is the first time a flavor from Heyn's hasn't totally knocked my socks off, to keep everything in perspective.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd