Sam's Choice Blackberry Crumble

I arrived back at my parents' house two days ago and Madeline will arrive home in a few days. My parents have this whole ice cream deal figured out now, and there were two different kinds of ice cream in the freezer for my arrival. The first I tried was Sam's Choice Blackberry Crumble. This is the first flavor of Sam's Choice ice cream I've tried. Madeline has enjoyed this flavor and the Coffee and Donuts, so I was excited to try it.

The container size is a quart. Because sometimes you have to share your ice cream.


This flavor is described as Blackberry Ice Cream with Pie Crust Pieces and Blackberry Ripple.

So when I think about a fruit crumble, I think about an oat, brown sugar topping. This ice cream obviously does not have such a topping, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Ooooo pretty ripple


After rereading Madeline's review of this flavor, I agree with most of what she had to say. The base was sweet and fruity, not tart. It also didn't taste as strongly of specifically blackberries as the ripple did. The ripple, on the other hand, was tart and super blackberry flavored. The tartness of the ripple more than made up for any lack of tart in the base. The ripple was also incredibly gooey, and abundant. The texture was, however, a bit syrupy for my taste.



The pie pieces we also pretty abundant, although they were clumped together, so there were bites without pie pieces. The pie pieces were big and tasted like pie crust, but not as flaky or butter as pie crust. They were one notch closer to the shortbread end of the spectrum.



All in all, this is a good ice cream, and great given the price point.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd