Dairy Queen Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Smash Blizzard

I feel like I go through cycles with Dairy Queen.  I'll go for months without having any, and then suddenly get it a lot until I get sick of it again.  I'm currently entering the ice-cream eating phase of the DQ cycle, so expect a few more Blizzard reviews!  Most recently I tried the Fanniversary Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Smash Blizzard.  This is

Peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter, and choco chunks blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.



Ok, there was so much going on here.  I didn't read the description until after I finished the Blizzard, so the whole time I was eating I was trying to guess what all of the mix-ins were.  I got everything except the chocolate chip cookie dough, I thought it was peanut butter cookie dough.

The most interesting part of this Blizzard was the textural contrast between the peanut butter cookie and the chocolate chip cookie dough.  The peanut butter cookies were about the size of my pinkie fingernail and very airy and crunchy.  Definitely airier and crunchier than an actual peanut butter cookie.  More like a piece of Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal.

Delicious flecks of peanut butter!

I think DQ chocolate chip cookie dough is one of my favorite cookie dough mix-ins on the market.  It tastes so much eggier (i.e. more like real cookie dough) than any other cookie dough mix-in I can think of.  It's also very grainy, like the grains of sugar in homemade chocolate chip cookie dough.  I can't get enough of it.  I want to know how they make it taste so eggy without using raw eggs.

The choco chunks were thin-ish flakes of chocolate that added yet another texture to this treat.

This Blizzard was quite tasty and I think it's a great addition to the Blizzard line-up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd