Whitey's Ice Cream: Sgt. Camo

A while ago, Madeline asked me if I had ever heard of Whitey's and if I'd tried their Sgt. Camo flavor. This was before I'd tried Whitey's Graham Central Station, so the only time I'd tried Whitey's was when I visited the University of Iowa back in the Spring. Apparently one of Madeline's friends loves Whitey's. Madeline described the Sgt. Camo flavor to me and I thought, "oh cool, a s'mores flavor" but wasn't too excited. I guess, at the time, what the flavor actually was didn't register with me.



The flavor is described as Graham cracker and marshmallow ice creams with a ribbon of Whitey's famous fudge. 

Hold it right there, folks. An ice cream with graham cracker AND marshmallow ice creams? What the WHAT?!



After trying the Graham Central Station flavor and loving it, I remember the conversation I'd had with Madeline, looking up the description of Sgt. Camo and was so stoked to try it.



One more quick note before I get to the review. This flavor is called Sgt. Camo because all of the profits from the sale of this flavor go to Military Veterans Groups. I think the current recipient is the Military Warriors Support Foundation. To learn more go to sgtcamoicecream.com!!



And because it is camo colored, which is so super cool. The marshmallow ice cream was dyed green and the graham cracker ice cream was graham cracker colored creating a camo appearance! Besides looking super cool, this ice cream was so tasty!! As I've already described, the graham cracker ice cream base is fantastic! It tastes exactly like graham crackers. The marshmallow ice cream was equally superb and the combo was out of this world. I've had thicker fudge swirls, but it was still thicker than a chocolate sauce. All in all this flavor was great and definitely the best Whitey's flavor I've had yet! It is also a super unique, and I might even say better, way of doing a s'mores flavor. Move over chocolate base ice creams, the marshmallow and graham cracker combo are here!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd