Market Pantry Frosted Sugar Cookie

I totally forgot to check whether or not any of Target's in-house brands had seasonal offerings this winter!  Better late than never, though!  I picked up 2 out of the 3 seasonal Market Pantry flavors I saw: Frosted Sugar Cookie and Peppermint Neapolitan.  The other was Triple Berry Cobbler, which does not exactly scream 'HOLIDAYS! WINTER!" to me, so I skipped it.  Sorry I'm not sorry.

I have a review of Frosted Sugar Cookie today.  This is described as

Artifically flavored vanilla ice cream with sugar cookie pieces and red sprinkles swirled with red frosting.



There must be some rule requiring the description 'artificially flavored vanilla ice cream' if the ice cream is artificially flavored.  Otherwise it seems weird to me that they would start their description this way.

The description was a rocky start for this ice cream, but it was better than it's first impressions.  It wasn't phenomenal but it was pretty decent, especially for the price.  Also, I applaud Target for making a unique seasonal flavor.  I can't think of any other sugar cookie ice creams (though I'm sure they exist), and you can't go to a Christmas party without seeing some of these bad boys:


The base tasted like artificially flavored vanilla ice cream, but there was enough going on that this flavor was not at all prominent.  The sugar cookies and frosting infused the base with that delicious, delicious, overpowering sweetness characteristic of sugar cookie frosting.  I couldn't taste the frosting on it's own, the flavor completely melded with the base, but the red swirls were very pretty.

The sugar cookie chunks medium-sized.  I was hoping they would be soft like sugar cookie from the grocery store, but they were hard and crunchy.  They were pretty decent cookies, just not quite what I was expecting.


The real standouts of this flavor were the sprinkles.  These were not sprinkles.  They were HUMONGOUS sprinkles.  Like, imagine you were five inches tall, but sprinkles were their normal size.  That's about the ratio we're talking here.   GIGANTIC GLOBS OF PURE SUGAR!!! Who can resist?

If you're looking for a budget-friendly seasonal ice cream and like sugar cookie, look for Market Pantry Frosted Sugar Cookie at your local Target.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd