David's Famous Gourmet Frozen Custard: Sea Salt Caramel

Wow you guys, Madeline has been killing the game when it comes to reviews. She's been churning them out faster than you can say slow-churned ice cream. While Madeline is totally out-doing me in quantity, I've got to think I'm earning some points from hype-factor with this post right now. Because, as you all know, David's Famous is DA BOMB and eating/reviewing the ice cream is a ton of fun.



Also I'm slowly, but surely, making my way through every David's Famous flavor. Since I've now tried Sea Salt Caramel, the only flavors I have left to try are Rhubarb and Lemon!! (Yay plants!)



The description of this flavor reads, Sea Salt Caramel was an accident! We were experimenting with different flavors when someone suggested caramel. It's a long story, but when I couldn't find a caramel I liked, I started making my own. It's a bit of sweet and salty heaven in a pint!



So I'm quite confused by this description. I'm not exactly sure what the accident was, but I would love to find out. Also I strongly doubt it was a "somebody knocked a salt shaker into the ice cream" kind of accident, because salted caramel is WAY too popular a flavor for me to believe something like that.



All speculations aside, its time to talk about ice cream! I was surprised by this flavor. As Madeline and I have mentioned before, David's is kind of known for having dense flavors. Not a dense texture, but a lot of flavor packed into each bite. However, this flavor was a bit different. I felt the caramel flavor of this ice cream was, in fact, light! But not in a bad way. Since salted caramel became so popular, I feel like ice cream makers have been ready to shove salted caramel down your throat to make a buck, when in reality, strong flavor does not automatically equal quality flavor. The caramel flavor of this pint was light, with a hint of salt.



This flavor was incredibly enjoyable and is a nice element of the David's line up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd