Thelma's Treats Double Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwich

When Madeline came to visit Iowa City back in October, the number of flavors of Thelma's Treats ice cream sandwiches at my HyVee had diminished from five to two. I was quite scared eventually they would disappear altogether. However, my fears have been proven to be for naught. Recently two seasonal flavors of Thelma's were added to the shelves! There is this Double Chocolate Peppermint flavor and an eggnog flavor. I'm not an eggnog fan to begin with, and I've had quite the traumatic experience with eggnog. So, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to try the eggnog flavor, but we'll see. The sandwich is eggnog ice cream between snickerdoodle cookies. Possibly, if you, Dearest Readers, ask pretty please with enough sugar on top, I would try them.



So this treat is peppermint ice cream sandwiched between two chocolate chocolate chip cookies.

Once again, Thelma's has delivered a great ice cream sandwich. The peppermint ice cream was out of this world. It was incredibly strongly peppermint flavored. The sweet, milky chocolate cookies definitely helped mellow out the peppermint flavor. The ice cream was also sweet enough, but not too sweet. Some of the ice creams in Thelma's other treats have been nearing too sweet.



Last, the chocolate chocolate chip cookies were good, but not Thelma's greatest. The two I had weren't as moist as others I've had. These were more on the dry and crunch side. However, they were incredibly rich and chocolatey with huge, soft chocolate chips.



All in all, another great treat from Thelma's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd