Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip

This is going to be a short and sweet review. I picked up this pint with the last of my Haagen-Dazs coupons while Brett was visiting. The $1 off two pints coupon is perfect for when Brett is visiting, because we each get to pick out a pint. This was Brett's pick. My pick was the Haagen-Dazs Limoncello Gelato. We ate this after going out to eat one night when we weren't totally in the mood for lemon gelato.



Quite obviously, this is chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips. I've already reviewed Haagen-Dazs chocolate base here.



I don't have more to say about it than I said already, but I will quickly sum up. Haagen-Dazs chocolate ice cream is pretty middle of the road in chocolate flavor. It is delicious, but it hits middle of the road on the milkiness/chocolate density scale. The "flavor notes" printed on the side of the pint telling you there are smokey notes in the ice cream are, in my opinion, a lie.



The only difference between this pint and what I have already reviewed is the chocolate chips, obviously. These guys were pretty small, and of the thin rectangular prism variety, as opposed to the Hershey Kiss shape variety. They were dark chocolate, hard and brittle. I know Haagen-Dazs is going for sophistication, so they aren't going to do big chunks , but I think these chips were too small. They were the same size or a touch smaller than mini chocolate chips.



If you like simple flavors and want tastier, higher quality versions of them, this Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip flavor is the one for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd