Kemp's Frozen Yogurt Shop Vanilla Salted Caramel

A few months ago I tried the Peanut Butter Cup flavor from the new-ish Kemp's Frozen Yogurt Shop line.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, so when I saw these babies were on sale, I picked up a couple flavors. Vanilla Salted Caramel was one of the flavors I picked up.  It is described as

Creamy vanilla frozen yogurt with thick salted caramel revel with dark and white chocolate curls topping.


When I first read this description, I thought the word 'revel' was being used as a noun.  I did't know what caramel revel is, and Google didn't seem to know either.  I wondered if this was a typo and thought was supposed to be swirl.  I'm an idiot, and Lizzy informed me 'revel' was being used as a verb in this context.  Duh.

Out of all the Frozen Yogurt Shop flavors, I was least excited about the Vanilla Salted Caramel, but my options at the store were limited.  Vanilla can be so bland, and I'm a bit over salted caramel.  This exceeded all expectations and was completely amazing.

The vanilla base was thick and creamy.  This had, hands down, the best texture of any frozen yogurt I've ever eaten.  It truly felt and tasted like I was eating ice cream, not frozen yogurt.  The vanilla flavor was light.  It had a warm flavor and have any of the alcoholic taste of vanilla extract.


The caramel swirl was the real standout of this flavor.  The swirl itself was thick and goopy (in a good way), but pulled thin throughout the pint so that it wasn't overwhelming.  It tasted exactly like the Werther's Originals hard candies.  Which I love with all my heart.  It was like eating liquefied happiness.

The chocolate swirls were a bit disappointing.  They didn't have a strong flavor, and there weren't enough of them to really add texture throughout the pint.  This didn't bother me as the vanilla base and the caramel swirl were awesome enough without them.

Kemp's ice cream is just so-so, but their frozen yogurt game is seriously on point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd