Graeter's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I picked up some Graeter's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough at Tim and Tom's because I thought, "What could go wrong here?"  Unfortunately, this wasn't the greatest ice cream ever.  Now, don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible or inedible, but it should have been so much better.

When I opened the pint, I was extremely excited.  It seemed like there were more chunks than there was base.  I thought this boded well for the rest of the experience, but I was mistaken.  The base was vanilla flavored I think.  I couldn't really figure it out.  It was pretty bland, and there were so many chunks it was hard to get a scoop of base by itself.


The cookie dough chunks themselves were pretty excellent.  They were gritty with that sugary grittiness of real cookie dough.  They were about the size of a dime and delightfully gooey.  Unfortunately the cookie dough chunks could not hold their own against Graeter's signature chocolate chips.

The chocolate chips were the standard excellent, soft, humongous chocolate chips.  Normally I love these puppies, but they just didn't work here.  They overpowered the cookie dough way too much.  I may be weird, but I think cookie dough should be a strong, if not the leading, actor in a pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.


I'm about to be incredibly blasphemous, but I think the main problem this pint was having was too many chunks.  WHAT!? There were way too many chocolate chips, and they completely drowned out the cookie dough flavor.

If you are yearning for a high end cookie dough flavor, I would look somewhere else and get more bang for your buck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd