Talenti Fudge Brownie Gelato

Last week my roommate informed me a grocery store in downtown Iowa City, John's Grocery, was having a sale on Talenti Gelato. Obviously I made my way over to check it out.  This grocery store was quite teeny tiny, and they didn't have the biggest Talenti selection; however, they had a couple of flavors I haven't tried before. One of the flavors was obviously Fudge Brownie. Also, the sale was pretty good, I got two pints of Talenti Gelato for $7! At other grocery stores you can pay between four and five dollars for Talenti.



The description of this flavor on the website reads Brownies. There are real, gooey, perfect brownies blended into our extra-dark-chocolate gelato. Also, we added a swirl of rich, dark fudge because we're really into swirls of fudge right now.



First, I want to hang out with the person who writes the descriptions of Talenti flavors. Something about the description strikes me as particularly hilarious. But you know, sometimes I also am really into swirls of fudge and when I am I would say it in a similar way as this person.

Now the best part of this flavor was the base. Talenti, a small shift in the way you make this flavor compared to other companies takes the chocolate brownie concept from a fun childish flavor to a mature indulgence. This is exactly what the dark chocolate base, as opposed to a milk chocolate base does for this flavor. This base was noticeably dark and extra chocolatey and took the experience up a notch.



The brownies were pretty good, but I wasn't crazy about them. They were pretty small, between dime and nickel sized. In general, I prefer my chunks to be a bit bigger. I don't need all my chunks to be Ben & Jerry's level, but I was a bit disappointed in this instance. However, please realize this is a matter of personal opinion. I also wouldn't describe these brownies as gooey. Not because they weren't delicious, but because they were super dense. They were more chewy than gooey. The were so dense, upon my first few bites, I thought they were almost dry, but this was not the case. A+ brownies, Talenti, I wish they were bigger! The brownies were also not super frequent, but this did not bother me because the base was so delicious, it was nice to enjoy it on its own at times.

Lastly, the swirl. To be perfectly honest, when I ate the first half of this pint, I didn't know there was a swirl in this ice cream. I didn't read the description on the website until after I had eaten the first half. There was not much of a swirl in the ice cream. In addition, the swirl was so thick, it almost disguised itself as a brownie. I don't even know if I would describe this as a swirl. It was more like someone made fudge into a swirl shape than like they made a fudge swirl. Once I did know it was in there, I was able to appreciate its deliciousness. The swirl added little pockets of extra chocolatey fudgey flavor!

Although I have some quite minor quibbles with this flavor, all in all, I enjoyed it a lot. It has also made me want to dry Talenti's Double Dark Chocolate Flavor!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd