Talenti Double Dark Chocolate Gelato

Remember my last post about Talenti where I was like, "I really want to try their Double Dark Chocolate gelato herpaderapdo"? Well I was an idiot and I'd forgotten the second pint of Talenti I'd bought from the sale at John's Grocery was, in fact, Double Dark Chocolate. So there you go.

Again, the description on the Talenti website of this flavor is totally fabulous. It reads Dark chocolate gelato blended with semisweet Belgian Callebaut chocolate morsels and just a tish of vermouth. Is it possible to have a crush on a frozen dessert?

I don't even know what a "tish" is. Google doesn't even know what a "tish" is. I don't even care what a tish is. What I want to ask is, however, is it possible to have a crush of a frozen dessert description writer?

Well, now we've gotten that awkwardness out of the way, gelato.

Oh boy this gelato. I'm going to warn you know, if I sound like a pompous wine connoisseur, I'm sorry. Wait, I'm not sorry. Usually I fall into the "ice cream is a fun food and you shouldn't need to be a sophisticated snob to enjoy it." There are plenty of people right now trying to make ice cream into a sophisticated snob food, and usually I resist. However, every once in a while, a superb ice cream comes around which deserves all of the snobbishness I can muster. This is one of those ice creams.



This ice cream had the most complexity and depth of flavor for only being one flavor I've ever experienced. The base was incredibly dark. But what truly gave this flavor fullness was the vermouth and the Callebaut chocolate morsels. Would I have noticed the vermouth in this flavor if I hadn't read the description and the ingredients? Well I probably wouldn't have know what I was experiencing was vermouth, but I would have noticed something. The vermouth didn't so much as flavor as it did a bit of bite and dryness at the top of the palette. The Callebaut, on the other hand, provided a deep bitter nuttiness to the flavor. The morsels were also in texture, dry and crunch, but also smooth. There were plenty of them and added nice texture variation. The texture of the base was standard Talenti high quality, smooth, slick, and creamy.



Basically what I am trying to say is this flavor was stimulating my entire mouth in wonderful ways.



Last note, I really truly didn't know what vermouth was before eating this ice cream. I had heard of it, but didn't know exactly what it was. Basically vermouth is first a fortified wine, which is a wine you add a distilled spirit, a second an aromatized wine, which means you add herbs and other flavorings to.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd