Heyn's Snickers Swirl and Apple Pie

My friend, Charlie, is moving out of Iowa City! So sad, but we obviously had to go to Heyn's one last time before he left. Back in the fall, I saw an Apple Pie flavor at Heyn's but for some reason didn't get it. Then, I was worried it was a seasonal flavor, and I wouldn't have a chance to try it again. Luckily, this is not the case, and you can get Heyn's Apple Pie year round. So I decided to get the Apple Pie and Snickers Swirl!

Snickers Swirl


So I think the Snickers Swirl flavor was vanilla ice cream, with caramel and pieces of Snickers. There was lots of caramel, and I think that was my favorite part of this flavor. There were a decent amount of Snickers pieces of varying sizes. Some were quite small, but others were sizable enough so that you could really taste each element of the Snickers bar. This flavor was good, but maybe add some peanuts and it would be out of this world! 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones!

Look at all the caramel!


The Apple Pie was also awesome. The base was a sweet cinnamon with a hint of apple flavor. There was pie crust throughout and chunks of apple. The pie crust was on the dry size, I prefer a more moist and flakey pie crust. There also could have been more chunks of apple. The apple chunks were exactly like you would find in a pie. They were cinnamony and baked and delicious. I'm in general not the biggest fan of apple pie (after a terrible incident of food poisoning on Thanksgiving has left me with some bad memories), but this was a solid flavor, nonetheless! 🍦🍦.5/4 cones!

You can see the cinnamon in the Apple Pie


Last note. I, as usual, ordered a double kiddie scoop and got a bit less ice cream than I normally do. However, Heyn's kiddie scoop on all my previous trips is quite large to be called "kiddie," so I'm not complaining, just observing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd