Ben & Jerry's Non-Dairy Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Alright, its time for my third review of the new Ben & Jerry's Non-Dairy line. I like the P.B. and Cookies and wasn't thrilled by the Coffee, Caramel, Fudge. How will Chocolate Fudge Brownie hold up?



This flavor is described as Chocolate with Fudge Brownies.



Now, it has been a long time since I've had the dairy version of Chocolate Fudge Brownie, so I went back and read my review of that flavor to prepare for writing this review. Sadly, the non-dairy version does not live up to the original. Now, I know the bast isn't going to taste the same. As I've said in my reviews of the other non-dairy flavors, the you can really taste the almond milk flavor in these bases, although less so in P.B. and Cookies.



However, it is still disappointing that this flavor had so much prominent almond milk taste. It really just does not work for this ice cream. But putting that aside, even the rest of this flavor doesn't live up to the original.

Look at those small, sad brownie pieces. :(


The brownie pieces were hard and dense and chewy. They weren't terrible, but they could be a bit more moist. Granted I know nothing about making vegan brownies, but they weren't my favorite brownies ever. The brownie pieces also seemed smaller than the original. There also weren't a ton of them.



Unfortunately, I'm going to have to give this flavor šŸ¦.5/4 cones, which I'm going to say means I would only eat it again if I had no other dessert options available to me, ice cream or otherwise. Granted, if you are vegan or lactose intolerant, I could understand giving this 2 or more cones. But for me, both of the other flavors B&J's non-dairy flavors I've tried have been much better and the original is definitely better than this version.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd