Haagen-Dazs Destination Series Belgian Chocolate

The new Haagen-Dazs Destination Series has been hit a little and miss for me, with most flavors having at least one good element.  The Belgian Chocolate is definitely a hit, and in fact I think Haagen-Dazs hit it out of the park.  There's nothing better than a well-executed classic.  This flavor is described as

Our Belgian chocolate combines rich, velvety chocolate ice cream with finely shaved Belgian chocolate for a uniquely textured experience.



I think this flavor uses Haagen-Dazs' normal chocolate base, but I haven't had a flavor with that base in such a long time that I'm not 100% sure.  Either way, the base is awesome.  I was trying to think of why it tastes different than other chocolate bases, and I think it's because it reminds me of hot chocolate .... just frozen.

You know how really good hot chocolate is perfectly milky and rich and smooth? Yeah, that's how this chocolate ice cream is.


I'm also very impressed with the chocolate chips.  These guys were tiny little tidbits, as you can see in the picture of the top of the pint above, and had the PERFECT chocolate chip texture.  If you've had any Graeter's flavors with chocolate chips you have experienced this texture, but in a much bigger chip.  These chips are smooth and soft, but dense enough to have some resistance rather than pure crunch.


I give this ice cream 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones.  It's a very well executed, simple classic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd