Milkjam Creamery

I've been a terrible ice cream blogger.  I finally got out to Milkjam Creamery, the new and hip Minneapolis ice cream spot 5 MONTHS after it opened.  Whoops.  I was out to dinner with (approximately) my office-mates in the neighborhood, and we decided to stop by Milkjam after dinner.

Before even seeing the flavors on offer that night, I decided I would get Milkjam's signature flavor, Milkjam.  This flavor is

Caramelized goat, cow, and condensed milks.


Apparently Milk Jam is a real thing and is either a different name for or a variant of dulce de leche.

I asked the scoopers what sauce they would recommend, because Milkjam has an absolutely baller selection of sauces.  The scoopers suggested salted caramel, and I was a liiiiiiiitle disappointed they didn't suggest something more adventurous like Szechuan Berry or Spicy Honey, but I shouldn't have doubted them, the Salted Caramel went perfectly with the Milkjam ice cream.

Notice I've been putting off actually describing this flavor?  It's kind of hard to describe because it just tastes like slightly sweetened cream.  That description sounds so simplistic and bland, and does not do the amazing flavor any sort of justice.  If was definitely more rich than it was sweet.  If you've ever had really, really good or fresh milk or cream, you'll know it has a slight natural sweetness, and there were definitely elements of that in the flavor.  The sweetness came from the dairy itself, not from an overload of sugar.

The Salted Caramel sauce was the perfect accompaniment.  It was not overly salted.  There was just enough salt to give the already rich caramel a thick, full-bodied flavor.  The flavor of the sauce was thematically similar (wtf, I don't even know what I'm saying) to the flavor of the ice cream, but a bit bolder so it enhanced the flavor of the ice cream rather than drowning it.

The one downside to Milkjam is the price.  I got a single scoop, and that plus the sauce was somewhere around $5.  A double scoop is $7.50.  A pint is $10.50, which I think is more economical than the double scoop!

I give Milkjam 🍦🍦🍦.5/4 cones.  I'm taking off half a cone because the price will probably prevent me from literally filling my freezer with Milkjam ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd