Capanna Gelato Coconut and Cake Batter

Wow I have been slacking on the ice cream reviews. Partly because I spent this past weekend in Colorado for a wedding eating lots of pastries and cake and such and not ice cream. But mostly because finals just ate my soul and I didn't have time to review any ice cream. Luckily, when I was almost done with finals I had some time to go to Capanna gelato with my friend, Tarah, who is also really into desserts. She hadn't been there yet and it seemed like the perfect way to celebrate (almost) the end of the semester.



This time I decided to get the Coconut flavor and a Cake Batter type flavor. It had some sort of interesting name, like Cake Mania Royale, or something, but I don't exactly remember, and I failed and didn't take a picture.

Regardless, both flavors were good. The coconut was quite sweet and more cream tasting than other coconut frozen desserts I've had. There also seemed to be a hint of vanilla flavor in the coconut gelato. Lost of coconut flakes were sprinkled throughout the flavor, as well, which added fun texture. The cake batter flavor was also on the sweet side, but not cloying. Again, it seemed to have a hint of vanilla; so this could be a vanilla cake batter.

The coconut is on the left (you can kind of see the texture of the coconut flakes) and the cake batter is on the right.


All in all, I'll give the coconut 🍦🍦.5/4 cones. I loved the coconut flakes, but it could have been a stronger flavor and a little less sweet. The cake batter 🍦🍦/4 cones. I'm not the biggest fan of cake batter in general. This was a solid flavor and a cake batter fan would probably give it 3 or more stars!

Comments


  1. The blogs are really appreciable and one can trust the knowledge and information provided in the writing.The article you do produce on a weekly base
    really the best. I have found a similar website gelato number cake visit the site to know more about Pure Gelato.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd