Haagen-Dazs Destination Series Sweet Cream Coffee Caramel

I really like that Haagen-Dazs has decided to parter with smaller companies for their Artisan Collection and their new Destination Series line.  It's put a lot of small, awesome, dessert-oriented companies on my radar.  I recently picked up Sweet Cream Coffee Caramel, described as

Collaborating with the small batch artisans at CC Made, we swirl sweet cream and coffee ice cream with thick ribbons of chicory coffee caramel for an experience rich with New Orleans flavor.


Before I talk about the ice cream, I just want to say that CC Made have some really interesting looking caramel sauces including a rosemary infused caramel sauce and a bay leaf infused caramel sauce.  I can think of so many ideas for this in both sweet and savory dishes.


So, how was the ice cream? I think it was really designed to be the perfect backdrop and let the chicory coffee caramel swirl stand out, but my pint didn't have very much caramel!  There was a giant glob at the very top of the pint, but that was about it except for a few wispy swirls here and there.   The small amount of swirl that was present was amazing.  It had more chicory flavor than is typical with chicory/coffee blends, but the bitterness and woodiness of the chicory worked very well with the light sweetness of the base.


The base was heavy on the sweet cream and light on the coffee.  The coffee flavor wasn't super predominant, but was high quality.  It tasted like a rich dark roast with lots of cream and sugar added.

I'll give this šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones.  Really it's a three-coner, but I can't forgive Haagen-Dazs for being so stingy with the caramel swirl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd