Dairy Queen Royal Rocky Road Brownie Blizzard

Sometimes, you just need to impulse purchase some middle-of-the-day ice cream even though you're really excited about all 5 pints of ice cream in your freezer.  Today was that day, and I tried the last of the new Royal Blizzards, the Royal Rocky Road Brownie Blizzard.  This is

Brownies, peanuts, and Cocoa Fudge blended with creamy vanilla soft serve then filled with a perfectly paired marshmallow center.

After eating this, I realized I haven't had Rocky Road ice cream in the LONGEST time.



My first observation about this Blizzard is really an observation about DQ: I wish DQ carried chocolate soft serve in addition to vanilla soft serve instead of mixing chocolate into a vanilla base, as was the case here.  It ends up tasting like a weird chocolate/vanilla bastardization.

There were tons of peanut pieces, 2-3 per bite.  They blended into the base a little bit, and I think salted peanuts would have helped with that.

The brownies added some much-needed chocolate flavor.  I had one large brownie approximately every other bite, but there were some smaller pieces that occurred more frequently.  These brownies had a very fluffy, airy, and yet, somehow, dense texture.  Kind of similar to a marshmallow.


The marshmallow filling of the Royal Rocky Road Blizzard had sinkage problems, but the situation was nowhere near as dire as that with the Royal Oreo Blizzard.  I started getting some marshmallow filling about half-way down, and from there to the bottom, the amount of marshmallow was pretty constant.  The marshmallow was your standard marshmallow ice cream topping, with all of the lovely gooeyness that entails.  The marshmallow really helped balance the flavor, so I liked the second half of this Blizzard way more than I like the first half.

I'll give this Blizzard šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones!

Having tried all three Royal Blizzard Treats, I feel obligated to rank them in order of preference
1) New York Cheesecake (even though the cheesecake pieces had a weird texture)
2) Rocky Road
3) Oreo

Comments

  1. Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design. Thanks a lot. Recycling Water Chillers Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd