Dairy Queen May Blizzard of the Month: Oreo Royal Blizzard

Ok, Dairy Queen, the May Blizzard of the Month feels like a bit of a cop out.  You just introduced the Royal Blizzards, so instead of inventing or bringing back a Blizzard not normally available, you decide to use one of the Royal Blizzards as the Blizzard of the Month?  I don't know.  I feel cheated.

I guess it's good in the sense that I can review another Royal Blizzard and a Blizzard of the Month in one go, killing two birds with one stone and all that.  The Oreo Royal Blizzard is

Oreo cookies blended with creamy vanilla soft serve then filled with a perfectly paired fudge center.



The vanilla soft serve/Oreo combo is classic DQ, and really just classic.  My Blizzard was absolutely packed with both large Oreo chunks and Oreo crumbs.

When the Royal Blizzards were announced, I was a bit worried about soft serve's ability to hold the 'core' in place, and other bloggers definitely had sinkage issues.  I previously tried Royal New York Cheesecake Blizzard, and had none of these issues, but did have them with the Oreo Royal Blizzard.

Barely any fudge at the top!
The sweetness of the chocolate fudge was a nice complement to the chocolate of the Oreo cookies, and the well-blended bites with fudge, Oreo, and ice cream were awesome. Unfortunately most of the fudge sank to the bottom of the pint, so I was left with a kind of thick fudge-vanilla soup.  I was pretty full before starting this Blizzard, and that quantity of fudge at the absolute end of the treat was overwhelming.

Way too much fudge at the bottom.
I give the Oreo Royal Blizzard 🍦/4 cones.  It was a good idea, but not well executed.  There was too much fudge at the bottom of the Blizzard and not enough at the top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd