Sam's Choice Peach Cobbler

There's nothing I love more than a great peach ice cream, and Sam's Choice has really delivered with their new Peach Cobbler.  This flavor is

Peach ice cream with pie crust and peach bits and cream cheese swirl.





The peach base of this flavor ranks up there with Graeter's (seasonal) Peach as the best peach ice cream I've ever had.  The front of the flavor profile is a strong peach, just like biting in to a fresh, juicy, ripe fruit.  Then the flavor transitions and finishes with a deep and rich cream.

There weren't very many pie crust bits; I think I had about 6 in my pint.  The few I did get were 1/2'' squares barely on the too-dry side of perfectly flaky.  They had a buttery, rather than an oily, flavor.


Holy cow, the peach bits were amazing, maybe even better than the Graeter's peach bits.  I don't know what kind of chemical magic Sam's Choice worked (probably corn starch and preservatives), but these did not taste frozen at all and had a texture very, very close to that of a real peach.  On some of the pieces I could feel the little ridges from the peach pit!  There were about twice as many peach bits as pie bits, but I felt there could have been more.

You can kind of see the cream cheese swirl at the top of the scoop.

I bet you never thought you needed a cream cheese swirl in your peach ice cream, but you totally do!  Since jam and cream cheese on toast is totally a thing, imagine peach jam with cream cheese on toast, but instead of cream cheese, you have something half-way between cream cheese and cream cheese icing.  In other words, pure awesomeness.

I give this 🍦🍦🍦.5/4 cones.  I'm only deducting 1/2 a cone because I wanted more pie and peach bits.  I know it's still early in the year, but I'm declaring this a front-runner for flavor of the year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd