Haagen-Dazs Destination Series Mayan Chocolate

It seems like Lizzy and I have been on a major chocolate and spice kick lately.  We've had Chocolate Cinnamon Pretzel at Sebastian Joe's and Thelma's Cayenne Chocolate Chip ice cream sandwich, and this week we also tried Mayan Chocolate, a new Destination Series flavor:



The distinctive taste of our Mexican-inspired chocolate ice cream is balanced with a warming touch of cinnamon spice, rich fudge, and chocolate truffle chunks. The result is a deliciously complex flavor for the serious chocolate lover. 




The chocolate base was your typical delicious and rich Haagen-Dazs chocolate.  Even though the cinnamon was only in the fudge swirl, hints of cinnamon bled out into the base as well.  This ice cream had one of the best cinnamon flavors I've ever tried.  Typically cinnamon falls into one of two camps: either sharp and spicy or warm and mellow, but this cinnamon danced somewhere in the middle of those two.  It wasn't particularly spicy, but was very complex.



The fudge truffles were darker than the base and had a nice hard-but-not-crunchy texture.  I really love the dark chocolate/milk chocolate combo, and Haagen-Das executes it extremely well.

I give this ice cream 🍦🍦🍦.5/4 cones.  I really like HD's unique taste on the chocolate/cinnamon combo.

Nom, fudge. 


Lizzy's take: I also enjoyed the cinnamon in this flavor. It was almost super spicy, but not quite, which made this flavor fun to eat as the spice built. However, in my scoops, I didn't get quite as much swirl as Madeline did. When there was less swirls, I didn't think the cinnamon was strong enough. Especially if you got a bite with truffles, and no swirl, this flavor was just all chocolate. But I definitely wouldn't want fewer truffles. There were a lot of them; up to three in a bite, and they were delicious. I like the texture they added to this flavor. Overall, because I didn't get quite as much cinnamon flavor, I'm going to give this 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd