Haagen-Dazs Destination Series Brownies a la Mode

I'm slowly but surely making my way through Haagen-Dazs new Destination Series.  Brownies a la Mode is the most recent flavor I've tried.

Like Chicago (the birthplace of the brownie) our Brownies a la Mode is rich with flavor.  We combine our signature vanilla ice cream with rich fudge and decadent brownie pieces, to bring this American original to life.



Sadly this ice cream just didn't do it for me.  It wasn't bad, it was just, if you'll allow an oxymoron, very meh.

I'm not a huge fan of Haagen-Dazs vanilla base, and I don't think they use it in very many flavors, so I was disappointed to see it used here.  It tends to lean too much toward the extract and not enough toward the vanilla, and that was definitely the case here.  I was really hoping the brownies and fudge would drown out the vanilla, and while there was a lot of fudge, the vanilla still managed to make its way through.


The fudge was good, and there was plenty of it, so no complaints there!

The brownies were good, but there weren't enough of them for a purported Brownies a la Mode ice cream!  There were small-ish in size and very chewy.  There were maybe 9 of them in the whole pint though, which was not enough!


I give this ice cream 🍦🍦/4 stars.  It wasn't bad, but there are better ice creams out there that feature brownies.  Also, if you MUST have something Brownies a la Mode themed, just make yourself Brownies a la Mode!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd