Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Half Baked

What would the world be without Cookie Dough Ice Cream?  A much sadder place, that's what.  THhis ice cream flavor is so ubiquitous that it is surprising that Ben and Jerry's didn't introduce this ice cream to the world until 1984.  it seems like its been around since the beginning of time.  Even the dinosaurs were eating it!

In addition to a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (CCCD) flavor, Ben and Jerry's offers the flavor Half Baked which consists of Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Creams with Fudge Brownies and gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  Gobs!  B&J's most recent limited edition flavor, PEANUT BUTTER Half Baked (PBHB) is a twist on this twist of classic CCCD.  Can you tell I'm excited about PEANUT BUTTER?  YEAH!  This flavor is described as

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Creams mixed with gobs of Peanut Butter Cookie Dough and Fudge Brownies.



The first time I tried this, I was a bit underwhelmed because the ice cream was so difficult to eat.  Sounds weird, but bear with me.  The fudge brownies are the usual, delicious Greyston Bakery brownies.  They are large and very chewy.  The chunks, excuse me, gobs of peanut butter cookie dough were also very large and very chewy.  The first time I had a bowl of this ice cream I didn't let it sit out, so the ice cream itself was also very hard and chewy, so I had to put in a lot of effort to chew every bite.

It's a bird ... it's a plane ... it's a GOD of peanut butter cookie dough!

The second time I served myself a bowl of PBHB, I let the pint sit on the counter for 5 minutes before serving.  This way the ice cream was much softer.  The chocolate and peanut butter ice creams complemented each other very well.  I'm really glad they subbed the vanilla ice cream out for peanut butter ice cream in this limited edition flavor; it meant there was a taste of peanut butter in every bite.

So yeah, I dig this ice cream, and I will totally buy another pint before it goes away for ever.  I'm quite pleased with Ben and Jerry's recent limited edition flavors.

That, ladies and germs, it what real ICE CREAM looks like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd