Ben and Jerry's SNL Flavor: Two Wild and Crazy Pies

On New Years Day I went to the Ben & Jerry's Scoop shop on the Delmar Loop with my two best friends Bronwyn and Katy. Bronwyn had really been craving some Ben & Jerry's and I will never turn down ice cream. We were lucky it was open because so many restaurants and ice cream shops were closed on New Years Day.

Whenever I go to a scoop shop, I usually get a scoop shop exclusive flavor because I love trying new flavors. This was my first Ben and Jerry's scoop shop visit since Two Wild and Crazy Pies was released, so that was what I was thinking about getting. However, I decided to sample the relatively new Scoop Shop exclusive, Turtle Cheesecake, which I had not had yet either. I'm generally not the biggest fan of cheesecake ice creams, but if I really liked the sample, I was gonna get this flavor. It didn't wow me, so I stuck to my plan of the SNL Flavor.



This flavor is described as Coconut Cream & Chocolate Cream Pie Ice Cream with a Chocolate Cookie Swirl.

They had these really awesome pints that you could get a hand packed pint in. I didn't get one, but next time I'm STL I might have to get one for the tower!! I also want to be friends with these cows.


From the description, this seemed like the B&J flavor, Chocolate Therapy, but minus one chocolate element and plus one coconut element. And from tasting it that was what it was like. And for that reason I was kinda disappointed with the ice cream. I kind of imagined the ice cream being half chocolate flavored and half coconut flavored, with the chocolate cookie swirl. In reality, it there was significantly more of the chocolate ice cream and more chocolate flavor than coconut. It kind of seemed like the description should read, "Chocolate cream pie ice cream with a coconut cream pie and chocolate cookie swirl." Other than my desire for more coconut, this flavor was pretty good. The chocolate ice cream seemed more puddingy than B&J's standard pudding base. There were flakes of actual coconut in the coconut ice cream, and the chocolate cookie swirl was a perfect addition. Although this ice cream tasted good, I was disappointed by the lack of coconut.

You can even see that there is way more chocolate than coconut in this.


I also had not actually seen the Two Wild and Crazy Guys skit until writing this review. I know I suck. If you haven't seen it, I am giving you an opportunity to fix this situation.

https://screen.yahoo.com/festrunk-brothers-000000414.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd