Three Twins Butterscotch Pecan

I missed the bus home from ballet on Saturday, so I had 25 minutes to kill before I caught the next one.  I had two choices: either freeze my butt off in the depths of the Minneapolis winter or go to Whole Foods to browse the ice cream section.  The choice was obvious.

Of the three pints I picked up, I was most excited to try Three Twins Butterscotch Pecan.  Last year Ben and Jerry's released a limited edition flavor Scotchy Scotch Scotch flavor which was pretty much the most amazing thing ever.  It really started my desire to write about ice cream (even though I did not review it on the blog).  It was just so amazing that I wanted to tell the world.  Of course, when I saw that Three Twins made a butterscotch flavor I snatched it up.



This flavor is described as ...

I have no idea.  It's not listed on their website, but it is obviously butterscotch ice cream with pecans in it.  So there you go.

First let me talk about the ice cream itself.  This is the first time I've tried the Three Twins brand, and was impressed by the texture and creaminess of the ice cream.  It had a medium amount of air in the mix, and you could definitely taste the cream part of the ice cream.



Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed in this flavor.  To me the butterscotch flavor could have been much much stronger, which was the part of this ice cream I was most looking forward to.

If I can let go of my desire to have this be more strongly butterscotch flavored, this was a pretty decent butter pecan flavor.

Final thoughts.  Underwhelming.  Good if you forget that it has 'scotch' in the title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd